How did you do in building your 2023 plan? Done yet? If not, what is holding you back? Building a life by design – your design – is critical to you being able to say you are ‘driving the bus’ and not just a passenger. Among all the truths I have discovered in life, having a plan by your design prevents you from having a plan made for you by someone else.
Building ‘your plan’ starts with developing clarity about what you want, what you don’t want and why. Envision where you will be in three, five and ten years from now and then work it all backwards to this year, the next quarter, each month and each week in – each step by step.
Sound like too much work? Well, you have two choices… continue to do what you have always done and live someone else’s design for your life, or put your plan into action. And… It is not as hard as you think. In doing the latter, you will join the ‘3% Club’. Only 3% of the people on the planet have a life plan. Interesting to me, it is the same 3% that hold more wealth than the other 97% put together.
To get you started on your plan for this year, here is a group of five ‘three’s’ to answer that will start to bring some clarity to you around the what, why and how:
It’s as easy as starting there. And share with me your answers, I’d love to help get you there.
Robert Murray is a Vancouver, BC based Business Strategy Consultant, #1 Best Selling Author, International Keynote Speaker, and TEC Top Speaker of the Year for 2018. For further advice, insight and inspiration on how to unlock your inner leader, connect with Robert on LinkedIn.
Click here to get his weekly Tuesday Tune Up blog posts straight to your inbox.Tags: Goal Setting, Personal Growth, Robert Murray, Robert S. Murray